- By registering on the Website you explicitly consent that Assist Group may collect, use, disclose and retain your personal information as described herein and in the Terms and Conditions.
- After registration but prior to entering into any transaction, you will have to enter into a mandate agreement [insert link] whereby you consent to Assist Group using your personal information for the purpose of doing a property search to ascertain what property/ies are registered on your name as well as a credit search to ascertain your financial position and whether you will qualify for the specific products offered on the website. Furthermore, your personal information provided by you may also be used to undertake any negotiations with your creditors as may be necessary on your behalf or specifically requested by yourself.
- Assist Group is committed to keeping your personal information confidential and will ensure that it fully complies with the terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPIA) in handling your personal information. Any and all personal information collected on the Website shall be kept strictly confidential and will not be sold, loaned, or otherwise disclosed to any third party unless the disclosure thereof is required in order to comply with applicable law, court order, or legal process served on Assist Group and/or necessary to protect and defend the rights or property of Assist Group.
Cookies and other technologies
- By accessing the Website, your internet browser may automatically transmit information to the websites you visit.
Assist Group’s use of personal data
- Assist Group will:
- treat your personal information as strictly confidential;
- take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal information is kept secure and protected against unauthorized or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure, or access;
- provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or update your personal details;
- promptly notify you if we become aware of any authorized use, disclosure, or processing of your personal information;
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
- upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal information in our possession or control.
- Assist Group will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless Assist Group is required to do so by law, or if you consented that Assist Group retains such information for a longer period.
- Assist Group may use your personal information to provide you with further information regarding Assist Group’s products or services from time to time. However, you may request Assist Group to cease sending you such information at any time.
- Assist Group will use your financial information solely as authorized by you and in accordance with Assist Group’s Terms and Conditions.
- Whilst Assist Group endeavors to do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of privacy, Assist Group cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for any unauthorized or unlawful disclosures of your personal information in the possession of Assist Group made by third parties who are not subject to Assist Group’s control.
- If you disclose your personal information to anyone other than Assist Group, then Assist Group shall not be liable for any loss or damage, howsoever arising or suffered by you as a result of the disclosure of such information to such third party.